Tuesday, November 18, 2008

blog post #8

I would have to say that the holiday that I hold favorite in my heart would be Comic Appreciation Day. Of course I use the term day loosely, as this holiday is in fact an all weekend occurence in closest sense of a convention. In the weeks prior to this event, streets and buildings all across the world are immersed in the festive decorations of comic characters. People everywhere will dress up as their favorite comic book characters, everything from superheroes to cartoon strips. The weekend of celebration will include costume contests, debates between Marvel lovers and DC lovers, and all the autographs signings the celebrities can take! The goal is just to consolidate all the comic conventions of the world and combine them into one great big comic-love fest. Imagine Woodstock, but with comics. That's right, I'm talking big time celebration. It'll be the best three days of each year! And in the truest style of comics, everything will be resolved in the end, almost as if by magic. That way, no one has to clean up. What a holiday!

2 comments:

Squarish Square said...

This is blog post number seven, you stupid matzo ball!

I hate comics. If I were a superhero, I'd be nuclear man. Then I'd go nuclear and cleanse the world of the most inferior being ever: super heros.

All a superhero does is piss on my parade. One time, I was building a laser. Minding my own business, building a laser. Then some god damn superhero struts in with his flaming tights and ruins my shit.

I hate super heros. I don't appricate their viligante justice. I think they're detrimental to the rule of law. They have no constitution! They have no consent of the governed! They're dictators without any Kurds to clense! They just clense criminals! Aren't we all criminals? Well, I know YOU are. I hope the super heros get you.

This is a bad holiday. I'd soo be a party pooper if this were a real holiday.

junior2010 said...

I'm a bit neutral about this Comic Appreciation Day. I think it would be fun, but other aspects I think would be not so fun. For one thing, I HATE dressing up as anything. Being forced into dressing up doesn't make that fun either. However, I do like the idea of every single town around the entire world having the biggest comic bash in the whole world! I can just imagine one big three-day party (which i'm assuming that's what it will be) with all kinds of events. So, I would most likely celebrate this, but I would just opt out of dressing up.